Only 45 minutes from our nation’s capital is one of America’s most historic cities, the Maryland State Capital of Annapolis. The home of the United States Naval Academy and a central point of the American Revolution.
Once called the “Athens of America”, Annapolis was settled in 1649 by Puritan exiles from Virginia. The community had a series of names, including Providence and Anne Arundel Town, until finally named Annapolis in 1694 in honor of Princess Anne of England.
Annapolis’ fantastic location along the world famous Chesapeake Bay has been enabled it to be a prime location for fishing and boating. While you are here, enjoy some tasty Maryland crab for lunch at one of the amazing dockside restaurants!
After learning the colonial history of the area via walking tour, we go into the Navy Academy for an exclusive tour behind the scene with trained Military tour guides!
Itinerary (4 Hours)
- Trip to Annapolis, MD (45 minutes)
- Guided Tour of the U.S. Navy Academy (1.5 Hours)
- Lunch at the City Docks & Visit the Historic Annapolis Museum Gift Shop
- Colonial Walking Tour of historic Annapolis (1 Hour)
- Trip Back to Washington, DC (45 minutes)